Sunday 14 September 2008

The Late Lost Heath Ledger

Quite unknowingly, I was present at the last piece of filming that Heath Ledger ever did. Or rather I was a hundred yards away listening to a band playing in a Clerkenwell pub. There was Heath Ledger at about eight o’clock on a Saturday evening in London, wrapping some scenes for The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus. Three days later he was dead.

My friends kept popping out of the pub to go and watch him filming on the road. I never quite got around to it. Perhaps I was feeling a bit jaded. Perhaps I’d been to too many movie sets and talked to too many actors. He’d always be around, after all.

You could see an early sneak clips here, but in the last few hours the video seems to have been removed.

Ledger’s role, you may remember, was subsequently divided out between Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law ( who by the way donated their earnings to Ledger’s daughter Matilda – Ledger had not revised his will at the time of death to include his new-born little girl).

Anyhow, here's the official movie website

No comments: